02.01.12

OMC #23

"You're joking," I could see from Jason's eyes that he doesn't believe me.
So this fear was because he thinks that I am .. crazy. Of course. "You do not believe me,"

Jason turned his head aside. "Not that I'm ..."
"Look. At. Me. And. Say." I took his chin, making his head turning back.

But instead of answering, he kissed me.
Again, you're doing it. "You do know that it does not save you from answering?"

"Do you still doubt in my reply?" He raised an eyebrow.
I looked at him seriously. "You know, I'm not quite sure if it would mean that you think I'm crazy or do you just doubt in my words, or..."

"Caroline,"
"Or maybe I just play dumb and ..."

"Caroline." When I opened my mouth again, he continued: "Should I kiss you again, to make you quiet?"
I like that idea. But I pretended like to think about it. "You could ..."

"You give up easily," I said then.
"I just don't ..." He shook his head.

I placed my hand lightly on his shoulder. "What?"
He got up and walked to the table. "So, I thought you had been waiting enough for me, and suffered too much then. I just don't want to befool you again. I'm afraid that ..."

I got up, too, and stood before him, taking his hands into mines. "You shouldn't be ashamed. In front of me, you are just Jason. You don't have to pretend being anyone else."
"What do you mean?"

"You first. And don't even think about arguing with me .. you don't want to befool me, right."
He snorted. "You know these things,"

I raised my eyebrows expectedly.
"I'm afraid you'll leave me if I won't fulfil your expectations,"

"Jason! Lord of God, how can you .. how can you think so?! I'll never .. I'll never do leave you. And don't. Say. It." I probably guessed his sentence.
"But you must consider this,"

"No,"
"Caro ..."

"Please," I felt the tears in the eyes, but no, I won't cry here. I won't show him your tears. I blinked my eyes rapidly that these disgusting salty betrayers would disappear.
"Hey, I didn't mean to make you sad. Can you hear me?"

I slowly nodded, accepting this. I had perfect hearing. "Jason. If I would wanted to leave you, then I wouldn't have to date you. I mean, I wouldn't hurt you. This is what love is."
He jerked as I mentioned love again. I looked at him, puzzled.

"I just ..unfortunately, I can't say the same thing yet,"
I'd have been angry, but .. Yes, this is love, isn't it.

"You don't mind ..?"
"I can't force you to, have never been able to. And you'll say it when it's time." I smiled to him.

"How could I have been so blind? Why on earth I left you waiting?"
I chuckled.

"C'mon, think about how much time we lost,"
"Yes, really. Um.. won't the sherbet melt?"

Jason gave me an indescribable face, and dragged to the table. Inadvertently my eyes slipped at the clock - we had still a whole hour.

"Mm .. this is excellent,"
"Thanks,"

"You said you don't know how to cook!" It sounded almost accusing. Very little, actually.
"I don't know .. But when you follow the recipe, then there cooking isn't as difficult as it actually sounds."

I beckoned my spoon. "That's what I'm talking about,"

"So the next time you need to figure out more severe punishment," Jason chuckled as he sended another spoonful in his mouth.
"Don't worry, I'll figure something out,"

"Was that a hint that we're going to argue again?"
"Don't forget who started it," I said like a small child.

"But you forgave me .. did you?"
I tried to keep a serious face, but while being with him, it was impossible. "How couldn't I?"

"I assumed that it meant 'yes'"
"Your guess was right,"

"Then it's good,"
We finished eating, lied on the couch, watching TV a bit, and finally it was time to drive home.

"Thanks for bringing me back," I said as stopped by the house.
"You're always welcome," he answered, leaning on the steering wheel and looked at me for a long time.

"What's wrong?"
"Mh?" Jason was kind of dreaming.

"You were looking at me like..."
"You're beautiful,"

I put a notch of hair behind the ear. "Thank you .. and you are handsome, too,"
"And that's all?" Jason pretended being hurt.

"I sometimes regret that you can't read minds,"
"I wouldn't want to be Edward Cullen," Jason said thoughtfully.

I rolled my eyes. "First of all, I don't like Edward, Jake .. Jacob is better. Second, Edward's not the only one."
"Oh, never mind. Just tell me what you're trying to say."

"I wanted to say that if I would start to talk about all I think about you, then it would take a long, long time. It would make more sense to read it from my thoughts."
"You're cute ..." Jason reached to me to give me another kiss.

Finally, I smiled against his lips. "You're as well ... And just .. you mean to me very, very much."
"I could not even imagine what it is like when someone tells you so,"

"But you .. have already .. been .. with somebody,"
"The first relationships rarely last." Jason was back behind the wheel. "We didn't reach this far."

"Okay. But .. I gotta go now."
I gifted him another kiss, arranged my coat and stepped out to the cold autumn air.

Quick jog to the door. The house was quiet - luckily everyone were asleep.
Why luckily? Because I was too happy to speak to anyone.
I changed my clothes, washed myself, put nightgown on and fell asleep.

***

"Great party, Jake," I complimented. In fact, all parties were great.
He took another sip of his A le Coq and then nodded. "Thanks,"

I looked around - Jason hadn't arrived yet. To the latest party we went together, but this time he had some things to do at home and I came with Cassie and Micha.

"Looking for Jason?" Jake said.
"Yeah,"

Jake looked around for a second. "Come, I have to tell you something,"
I blinked eyes with wonder. "I ..."

"Do not worry, I won't rape you,"
It was supposed to be a joke, but ... "You can't tell it here?"

"No, it's personal. If you understand what I mean."
"Uh .. okay. Let's go."

I followed him to his room.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar