12.12.11

OMC #14: Dogs Unleashed

The forest was full of different rustles as usually, and of course of the secrets. I walked in silence, listening to music with headphones - I had grabbed my mp3 at the last moment. I usually don'tt go anywhere without it.

Evanescence - Haunted. A lil' bit creepy for such a trip.
I pushed the button, and I could hear Tokio Hotel's "Dogs Unleashed".
It was really better right now. If being honest .. the best =)

"Don't wanna run on your command
Don't wanna keep on comin' back
Don't wanna swallow all your lies
Wanna feel alive   

Don't wanna hold on to your truth
Don't wanna keep on lovin' you
Don't wanna look through jaded eyes
Wanna feel alive

We are dogs unleashed
You and I
We are dogs unleashed
You and I

We are dogs unleashed
Out of control
Full of dreams
Nobody knows  

Unleashed  
Dyin' to escape
We don't wanna suffocate

We are dogs unleashed
We are dogs unleashed
We are dogs unleashed

Tonight
Tonight

We gonna scratch
We gonna bite
We turn your game into a fight  

We're howlin' T
o the moon at night
Tonight

We are dogs unleashed
You and I
We are dogs unleashed
You and I  

Unleashed  
Dyin' to escape
We don't wanna suffocate

We are dogs unleashed
We are dogs unleashed
We are dogs unleashed  

Touch me
Treat me
Love me
Feed me  

Touch me
Treat me
Love me
Feed me 

Touch me
Treat me
Love me
Feed me 

Tonight

We are dogs unleashed
We are dogs unleashed
Full of dreams
Nobody knows   

Unleashed 
Dyin' to escape
We don't wanna suffocate 

We are dogs unleashed
We are dogs unleashed
We are dogs unleashed

Tonight
Tonight"


 "Huh, you sing quite well," I heard a few seconds after the little break, when the mp3changes the song.
I flinched, turning myself around and ...

"Oh," I put some hear behind the ear. "Hey .. Jake. You're here .. too?" I was surprised. Probably nicely.
"Yeah, I thought to get out,"

"And how often do you think .. to get out here?" I asked, while observing his approach.
"Depends." he said mysteriously, "And you?"

I chewed lip. "If I want to?"
What's wrong with me? I felt so weird. This is just .. Jake. Why do I feel like an animal in a corner?

"Come," Jake waved his hand around the forest. "Let's go for a walk."
I suppressed my desire to escape from him as far away as possible and followed.

Keep calm, it's just Jake. Yes, you liked him, but now you have Jason, who you have always loved. And no, Jake isn't in your heart no longer the same way he used to be. Forget it all.

"So." Jake began. I found that it differs a lot from his normal being, but is still prone to start a conversation. "What do you do in the woods?"
"I just wanted to walk," I said curtly, turning the headphone's cord around the mp3. I still didn't know how I should behaved then.

"And how often do you .. go for a walk? In this dark mysterious place such as Goolengook?"
I shrugged my shoulders, rejoicing secretly. So I'm not the only one who thinks that forests are mysterious? Good. "I love the woods,"

Jake nodded. I guessed, for himself.
Now it was my turn to ask. "And you?"

"Well." Jake hesitated. This is something new. "Somehow I had a feeling today that I have come here .. and I don't regret it."
He said it with such enthusiasm that I blushed and turned aside. "Feeling?"

"Well, yes. You know, I studied physics and then came to an idea to go for a walk."
"But it was a thought then,"

"No," Jake shook his head. "This was too compelling to be a just an thought. I was feeling at times that someone orders me to go."
"Interesting," I could only say. Consistent idea? Hmm.

"But well, it seems, this 'someone' wanted me to be lucky today ..."
I winced, but Jake continued his story, so didn't notice.

"...this 'someone' wanted me to be lucky today..."," ... it seems, this 'someone' is keeping a good future for me... " No! It is simply not possible. How..? I ... "I'm sorry?"
I think about it later.

"Caro .. Caroline." Jake said softly and craned to my hair. I was completely frozen with surprise. "You should pay more attention. Only a leaf." He waved it in front of me.

A leaf. Yes, the leaf. And I was thinking .. Think less. The boy smiled slyly. "Leaf. Of course. Sorry, I was in my mind." Then I grimaced, thinking how it had sounded.

Did I really just tell Jake that I was in my mind? You can understand it so differently... and surely he thinks now that I'm strange and ...

"It's okay." Jake said for my amazement, "It happens to everyone."
"Everyone?" I was surprised. Once again, "To you, too?"

"Of course. Haven't you noticed then?"

* Actually, I had. Jake could just lie on the bench, as did many other boys at our school, but his look was somewhere farther than the screen of his phone. He could still watch it, but obviously wandered somewhere else. Or at least to me clearly. The others simply didn't care, where the others are, if they just listen to them.



For example, Michelle haven't ever noticed what someone said or did or so on. Unlike me. I could listen to what others were talking about, notice how someone wants to play a prank and this stuff.

But wait a sec. Currently I'm in the woods. And Jake is waiting for my response.*
"I do not know." I tried to sound as indifferently as possivle, "I notice different things."

Was lucky, I guess.
"For example?"

Or maybe not really.
"Many are in their minds." I replied simply, "I don't observing everyone, after all."

So, very good. Let him think I don't watch him. Wait, I don't actually.. Okay, let him think that I do not care. Yes, this is the best option.

Jake snorted. "Well, of course,"
Then one more question came into my mind. "Wait a minute .. why are you here?"

"I came for a walk, I told you," Jake couldn't understand.
"I mean right here .. You don't live here .. or do you?"

To this day, I hadn't actuallt thought about where Jake lives.
"There," he pointed to the left of my house, "Forest Road 17"

I gagged. "You live in just 5 houses from me. My house number is 7."
"7 .. hmm, lucky number," Jake muttered to himself.

I raised eyebrow but said nothing.
Jake went on with talking. "We're attending one class for almost half year and still don't know?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "We just haven't talked so much,"
"Perhaps we should start?" Jake suggested.

I did liked this idea. "I'm in," I smiled to Jake.
"Then it is great"

He wanted to add something else, but his phone ringing interrupted our conversations.
"Yes? - No. - At home. - What, right now? - Okay, I'm coming." At the end he was already really growling.

He angrily pushed the red button on his LG.
"Problems?" I asked timidly.

"Don't be a busybody!" Jake yelled at me, so I took a step back. Then, realizing his mistake, he said: "Sorry, they drive me mad. Friends?" He extended his little finger towards me.

I looked at him fearfully. I didn't even bother myself asking who were 'they'.
"I'm not going to hurt you," the boy promised.

I slowly nodded, accepting this, because I was still scared of his abruptness , but I still took his little finger with mine. "Friends," I muttered as a sign of consent.

He smiled at me. "I must go now. Bye."
And then he started running to the houses.

Strange.
I looked at the phone clock. It showed six already.
Well, I should go home.

***

Family still wasn't at home - probably went to Grandma and Grandpa's.
In fact, I enjoyed it better this way. I can be in peace, and .. talk to Jason, who wrote to msn.

"Hey,"
"Yo,"

"What are you doing too?"
"I learned physics, math, went to the forest for a walk ..." Was it important enough to tell him?

"Nice,"
"You?"

"Work, physics, some homework. No more news?"
Yes. "No,"

I didn't tell Jason about Jake. First of all, we just met and talked in the woods.
And my heart was beating wildly as before with Jason. NO.

Secondly, Jason still didn't fulfilled his promise. Now, when he will, we'll see.
Suddenly I lost the will to talk to anyone, even Jason. I wanted to go to the living room and watch some movies.

"Um, I gotta go now ..  Mom needs some help in the kitchen =)" I was happy that I am at home now and talk to him on msn. So it was easier to lie.
 
Again, I'm using his phrases.
":( Well, sad. Let's talk later?"

":( Sure :)"
"Great,"

"Bye .. love :*"
"I caught it and put in my pocket ;) Bye, kitty, I'm already missing you."

And he called me kitty again. Well, some people just call me "Felis" now, but he ..
* Once I chose this name on Latin, because in other languages they sound so stupid and ordinary. Kitties, pussycats, whatever else. Ooh. Felis, on the other hand, was peculiar enough .*

I made a mint tea and curled myself on the sofa. Mint tea soothed me, chasing away fears and anxieties and I could enjoy "Beastly".

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar